Sunday, January 16, 2011

whoops! (trial n error)s part 1

Hello you!

Well, looking at the blog posts, it seems that in January I haven't cooked much! haha....

One thing about this blog is this, the blogger has just literally started cooking (and taking pictures of the results). She likes tweaking recipes and the results maybe just disastrous. That's what I'm talking about, I, the blogger, will share you my trial n errors for these last couple of days of cooking.

1. Never, I mean ever, try to steam broccoli in the rice cooker while it cooks your rice. I was going to cook this "simple" Chinese dish,....the chicken with broccoli in oyster sauce. IMHO, the key to this dish is the right crunchiness of the broccoli, the rest is ,well you know, you can't go wrong with oyster sauce n garlic, ya? What I'm trying to say is, just boil the broccoli for a few minutes....

2. Combination of Star Anise and Cinnamon is a revelation! Love the smell!! I first knew about it from the Kylie Wong's TV show. But the truth is, it is quite common in Chinese cooking, especially in duck dishes (such as Five spice Duck? nyumm....). I did try cooking instead of duck, I used beef. Well, the dish was so-so, but still I'm happy to find out about these 2 best friends of ingredients!

Ok, i'll post the next (trial n error)s....

No comments:

Post a Comment